The Goodwood Baseball Club was founded in 1889 and is the oldest baseball club in existence in South Australia.
The Club has won 19 Division 1 premierships throughout our history recently winning in the 2000, 2003 and 2006 seasons.
The Indians clubrooms and playing fields, named the GILL LANGLEY SPORTS CENTRE, are located at Mortlock Park, Colonel Light Gardens – our home since 1973. Over this 41-year period our club has developed strong ties with the local community through our Junior, Peewee, Teeball and Senior Programs.
Our Club is proud to be promoted as the “Family Ball Club” as evidenced by the large junior membership and the support from their families.
The Club has strong State and National representation at both Senior and Junior playing levels with a large number involved with the South Australian Sports Institute (SASI) baseball program and the Major League Baseball Academy over many seasons.
We have the only Australian player ever inducted in the Helms Athletics Association Hall of Fame in Mr. Ron Sharpe. We also have two of the first South Australian professional baseball players to venture to the USA, in dual Capps Medallist – John Challinor (Los Angeles Dodgers) and triple Capps Medallist – Darren Fidge (Minnesota Twins). Stefan Welch has recently followed in their footsteps commencing a professional career with the New York Mets organisation.
Goodwood Baseball Club is proud of its history and will continue the “Indians Tradition” by leading this state in baseball.
- BBQ Area
- Member Parking